Nature’s Logic Grows Sustainability Leadership Team
Nature’s Logic™, the pioneer creators of 100% natural pet food with NO synthetic vitamins, announced the addition of two pet industry leaders to its sustainability leadership team. Bettie Hamilton joins as Executive Advisor, Sustainable Product Development; Chris Bentley as Executive Advisor, Retail Sustainability Partnerships.
Hamilton served over two decades at Colgate, with senior roles in new product development and product management. She was Vice President for Marketing and Product Development and Director of Regulatory and Product Development at Halo. She brings deep regulatory and marketing expertise, and experience sourcing certified sustainable proteins, including Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) and Global Animal Partnership (G.A.P.).
Bentley is the co-founder and first Board Chair of the Pet Sustainability Coalition. He co-founded multiple pet brands for which he headed sales and sustainability, including Aspen Pet, I and Love and You, and Variety Pet Foods. He’s deeply immersed in the renewable energy industry, and serves as a socially responsible business advisor and Board member for the University of Colorado Business School.
“What could be more fun than to change the world alongside people who bring such incredible knowledge to our efforts?” said David Yaskulka, CEO of Nature’s Logic. “I’m so thankful for the opportunity to work with Bettie and Chris. Both are pet luminaries devoted to inspiring the industry toward sustainability, and growing the Nature’s Logic brand.”
Sustainability is not only a tenet of Nature’s Logic mission, but a key factor in the company’s growth. Nature’s Logic was named to the 2020 Inc. 5000 America’s fastest-growing privately held companies list, ranking #251 in Consumer Products & Services.
Nature’s Logic aspires to a sustainable business model with programs and practices that include:
- Clean Food, Clean Energy: As part of its Clean Food Clean Energy Program, Nature’s Logic purchases 1 kWh of renewable energy for every pound of pet food Nature’s Logic sells.
- Sustainable Packaging: Nature’s Logic’s Distinction™ line, and its newest treat line, are packaged in Certified Plastic Neutral bags, the first in the pet industry. The company has also started incorporating packaging made with Post-Consumer Recycled materials.
- 100% Renewable Powered: Nature’s Logic headquarters is powered by 100% renewable electricity, as is the manufacturing of its dry pet food and bags, and newest treats.
- Top-20 Sustainable Brand: Accredited as a Top-20 Sustainable Brand by the Pet Sustainability Coalition Positive Impact Program, designating Nature’s Logic as a leading sustainability-company that integrates environmental and social practices that benefit pets, people, and the planet. The program is based on rigorous metrics and measured against United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- MSC-Certified Seafood: Nature’s Logic Distinction™ Grain-Free foods contain Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified sustainable seafood that meets the MSC Fisheries Standard, a science-based set of requirements for sustainable fishing.
- Philanthropy on Mission: The Greater Good Nature’s Voice Awards, created by Greater Good Charities and Nature’s Logic, amplifies the voice and impact of sustainability non-profits and advocates around the globe by recognizing environmental leadership.
- Think Global, Shop Local: Nature’s Logic is founding sponsor of the Independent & Neighborhood Pet Retail Association, and a staunch advocate for local independent retailers, supported by its highest-quality line Distinction, which is offered for sale exclusively in local stores.