This document was last updated on July 8, 2020
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect information that can be used to identify or contact a person (we refer to this as “personal data”). The types of personal data we collect and process include full name, contact information (phone number, email address, shipping address), delivery and payment information, survey date responses, educational and experience information (resume, employment history, certificates), engagement information (feedback, comments, shares), IP address, log data, IP address, cookie data and social media use and utilization.
We collect personal data when you provide it to us directly (e.g., when you submit a contact form through our website or provide us with your business card at a trade show); when generated by your activity on our website and online services (e.g., the amount of time spent on a particular page of our website); when shared with us by our business partners (e.g., email marketing vendors, trade show sponsors, or HR staffing agencies); and when available through publicly-available sources (e.g., information shared by you on LinkedIn).
How We Use Personal Data
We collect, use, store, organize, structure, disclose, or otherwise process personal data as described below:
- Marketing/Advertising: for marketing purposes, including to provide you with special offers, promotions, news, and newsletters; to contact you about products we think may interest you; to target advertisements to you; to administer contests, promotions, and other offers; and for other marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes. Our marketing communications with you may include communications via postal mail and email. We, and our service providers, also use your information to determine the success of our advertising campaigns, regardless of the marketing and advertising channel.
- Customer service/communications: to provide you with a personalized shopping experience; for technical support to answer your inquiries; to provide product updates/recalls and similar purposes.
- Research and development/Analytical purposes: for research and development purposes, including to analyze trends, improve our Site, products, and customer experience; to understand what parts of our Site are most popular or to improve upon our Site; to understand our customer demographics; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Legal compliance: to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including to respond to a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations; and as part of legal proceedings.
- Protection of us and others: where we believe it is necessary to protect us and others, including, without limitation to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, security incidents, or other issues where we believe it is appropriate to protect us and others.
- Additional Note Regarding Aggregated and Deidentified Data: We may use data in aggregated and deidentified form for research, analytics, marketing, and any other purposes.
How We Share Personal Data
We share your information, including personal information, with the following entities:
- Corporate Relatives. We may share your information with any current or future parent company, affiliate, subsidiary or division.
- Service Providers. We share your information with our service providers or others who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we share your information with service providers who host our Site, coordinate mailings, analyze aggregate information about our customers, assist us in detecting and deterring fraud, security incidents, or other unlawful activity, and for other business purposes as described above in how we use your information. We also permit service providers to collect information about you online through cookies and other tracking tools. As part of our commitment to quality customer service, occasional communications may be sent on behalf of Nature’s Logic, by an independent ratings and review service provider. Active, regular customers’ email addresses will be used by this service one time only, for the express purpose of independently evaluating our processes, including The Nature’s Logic general service, courtesy, selling, and shipping of actual orders placed, and will not be owned, shared or used for any other purpose by the service provider.
- Carefully Selected Partners. If you choose to enter a joint promotion, then we may share your contact information (and other information that you provide to us in connection with that promotion) with the other party. The promotions may be subject to an additional or different privacy notice.
- Site Users. We may share your information with other users of our Site. For example, if you submit a testimonial, pictures, or other content on our Site, the contents of your post (including any pictures that you post) as well as other information may be available to all visitors to our Site.
- Analytics Providers/Advertisers. As set forth above, we share information with analytics providers and advertisers to assist us in implementing and evaluating relevant advertising. Often the information that we share is collected from you through cookies and other tracking technologies set forth on our Sites and Apps. We also may disclose certain information (such as your email address) to Facebook Custom Audience, which may use it to target advertising to you.
- Internet Service Providers/Operating Systems and Platforms: We may share your information with ISPs and operating systems to assist us in managing your preferences.
We may also share your information in the following ways:
- Business Transfers. We may share your information with another entity if we or any of our current or future corporate relatives are acquired by or merged with another legal entity, if substantially all of our assets or the assets of one of our corporate relatives are sold or transferred to another legal entity, as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of a sale of a business or a similar transfer of assets.
- In Response to Legal Process. We share your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law or a regulatory requirement; to comply with governmental, administrative, or judicial process or other similar requirement or order, such as a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations (without necessarily requiring the law enforcement or government agency requesting the information to formally serve us with a subpoena); or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved. We also reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement or governmental agencies any activities that we believe are in violation of applicable laws, rules, or regulations without providing notice.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate and de-identified information about our customers for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
We protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Server Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts any information that you give to us. We do not sell information about you with third parties. We take commercially reasonable measures designed to safeguard your data.
Please note, however, that no measure is 100% perfect, and we recommend that you take measures to protect your data, such as not using the same password for multiple accounts, creating unique passwords, and safeguarding your own information. When you have finished using the Site, you should log off and exit your browser so no unauthorized persons can use our Site with your name and account information. Furthermore, if you provide any information to parties who operate web sites that are linked to or from our Web Site, different rules may apply to their collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such other sites before revealing any sensitive or personal information. Regardless of the precautions taken by you or by us, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. We cannot ensure or warrant the ultimate security of any information you transmit.
Also, please keep in mind that email or forms sent using our website and online services may not be secure. You should take special care before deciding to send us information via email. Further, if you create an account through our website and online services, it is your responsibility to protect your access credentials from unauthorized access or use.
Web Server Cookies and Log Files
- Clear GIFs, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in functionality to cookies, which are embedded invisibly on web pages. We or our service providers may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs, pixel tags, or action tags, among other names), in connection with our services to perform functions like tracking the activities of visitors to our services, helping us manage content, and compiling statistics about usage of our Services. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in emails to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
- Embedded Scripts. We may use embedded scripts, which is code designed to collect information about how visitors interact with a website, such as the website which linked them to our Site.
- Do Not Track. Our Services do not respond to Do Not Track signals. You may disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Nature’s Logic periodically uses email to send newsletters, notify customers of current promotions, and to send updates about services and products offered by us. We use the email addresses you provide during registration or otherwise for these purposes. Customers and Web site users can indicate whether or not they wish to receive email messages from us. If you do not wish to receive information regarding Nature’s Logic products, services, and promotions, let us know and we’ll discontinue sending you our newsletter and email marketing messages.
Children’s Privacy (under the age of 13)
Nature’s Logic takes children’s privacy seriously. We do not seek to collect personal information about children through our Web Site. If we become aware that a person submitting information to us through any part of our Web Site is a child, we delete the information as soon as we discover it and do not use it for any purpose, nor do we disclose it to third parties. Since we do not seek to collect any personal information about children, and we delete information collected inadvertently as soon as we discover that a child has submitted it, we typically retain no information about children that could be reviewed or deleted. If a parent requests review or deletion of information about their child before we have discovered and deleted the information, we will of course honor that request.
Effective Date and Future Changes
Contact Nature’s Logic